Terms of Service
TheHikerHut.com provides users with an automated Internet-based service, to design and sell t-shirts and other custom products. By using TheHikerHut.com and its services in any capacity, you have agreed to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and agree to use the site and service solely as provided in this Agreement. For additional clarification on these Terms of Service, please refer to TheHikerHut.com’s Frequently Asked Questions section.
By violating this user agreement in any capacity, you are subject to an immediate removal of your campaign(s), possible forfeit of profit(s), and potential suspension or termination of your account.
By creating a campaign on the TheHikerHut.com site:
- You agree to accept and abide by TheHikerHut.com’s Terms of Service in their entirety.
- With respect to any trademarks, service marks or copyrights that you have licensed from the owner thereof (the “Licensed Rights”), you agree to comply with any restrictions or conditions imposed on the use of the Licensed Rights.
- You agree that you are the owner, or licensee, of all rights associated with any created or uploaded artwork or text, including but not limited to, the trademarks and copyrights that may be associated with said material. If you are not the owner, you agree to provide TheHikerHut.com with evidence of the permission given to you by the owner.
- You agree that the description and title of the campaign do not, either in and of themselves or in addition to the text and images featured in the created merchandise, infringe upon the rights of any third party.
- You understand and agree that TheHikerHut.com may, in its sole discretion, release your contact information to a third party that satisfactorily alleges—pursuant to TheHikerHut.com's Complaint policy, below— unauthorized use of its intellectual property.
- Upon receipt by TheHikerHut.com of an allegation of infringement that comports with TheHikerHut.com’s Complaint Policy, in TheHikerHut.com’s sole discretion, your campaign may be subject to immediate cancellation, possible forfeiture of any profits, and suspension or termination of your account with TheHikerHut.com.
- You agree not to provide untrue information in your campaign including, but not limited to: the amount of product for sale, the origin of production of the product, or the intended recipient of profits.
- You agree not to solicit potential buyers through information posted in your campaign other than the purchase of the primary item(s). This includes raffles, chances to win, and other representations of additional opportunities beyond the sale of the primary item being sold.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold TheHikerHut.com and its affiliates harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your use of TheHikerHut.com's site and services, your violation of this agreement, or your violation of any rights of another.
- You agree that TheHikerHut.com is not responsible for any consequential, indirect or any special damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits, associated with any action taken by TheHikerHut.com pursuant to this Agreement or your use of the TheHikerHut.com service.
Intellectual Property Complaint Policy
TheHikerHut.com prohibit users from using the service to sell merchandise that infringes upon third party intellectual property rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade dress and right of publicity).
TheHikerHut.com will consider complaints of possible infringement only from parties that own, or have the exclusive right to exploit, said intellectual property. TheHikerHut.com is not in a position to adjudicate disputes. If you believe a campaign contains content that is not authorized, upon receipt of the information enumerated below, we will provide our customer with your correspondence and contact information and direct the customer to contact you within seven (7) days to resolve this dispute. If the customer does not contact you, or if the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, please let us know. In cases of an alleged infringement, in our sole discretion, we may take down the campaign and refund all buyers, provided that the conditions, below, are satisfied.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed upon by a TheHikerHut.com user, please notify TheHikerHut.com at admin@TheHikerHut.com.
You must include with your notification the following information, in PDF format:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property that you allege is being infringed;
- The URL to the TheHikerHut.com campaign(s) used in connection with the sale of the allegedly infringing merchandise;
- Identification of the copyright, trademark or other rights that allegedly have been infringed, including proof of ownership (such as copies of subsisting trademark or copyright registrations);
- Your full name, address, telephone number(s) and email address(es);
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the URL submitted is unauthorized by the rights owner, or its licensee, and such use amounts to infringement under federal or state law; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is complete and accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right that is allegedly infringed.
We Respect the Prior, Legitimate Rights of the First to Publish a Campaign.
Sometimes, later campaigns copy earlier campaigns that contain original artwork. Our policy is that every original image or design uploaded onto TheHikerHut.comis protected against exact duplication, or use in a confusingly similar (trademark) or substantially similar (copyright) manner.
TheHikerHut.com will accept complaints and notification of possible infringement from customers that claim ownership of said original content from an earlier campaign.
Once notified, TheHikerHut.com, in its discretion, may remedy any alleged infringement by removing unauthorized content. Alternately, TheHikerHut.com may notify the allegedly infringing party and provide a warning; instances of further infractions can lead to possible suspension or termination of their accounts.
For additional information regarding these policies, please reference TheHikerHut.com’s FAQ page.
If you see a campaign containing your original image or design and would like to report it to TheHikerHut.com, contact us at admin@TheHikerHut.com with the following information:
- The URL(s) used in connection with the sale of the allegedly infringing merchandise; and
- The URL(s) of your campaign and date of first use
All images, artwork and fonts accessed through TheHikerHut.com art/font libraries are owned by TheHikerHut.com. They are available for your use only in conjunction with a campaign through TheHikerHut.com. You do not accrete any rights to any images, artwork and/or fonts accessed from a TheHikerHut.com library, or any derivations thereof.
Return Policy & Cancellations
TheHikerHut.com works hard to ensure that all our products are of high-quality materials & shipped on time and accurately. TheHikerHut.com also prints limited edition, made-to-order designs, so customers have within 24 hours of placing the order to cancel for a full refund. TheHikerHut.com accepts returns and will issue a full refund within 14 days of receipt if customers are disappointed with their order for any of the following reasons: The product itself is flawed; Or if the final product is materially different than the design presented in the campaign. If you are in any way unsatisfied with your purchase, please contact us at admin@TheHikerHut.com